WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is a cosmetic tattooing technique that uses a manual method to create individual hair strokes. The results are beautiful, natural-looking eyebrows, regardless of the amount of hair present.
IS IT PERMANENT?
Microbladed eyebrows last 1 to 2 years for most people before they usually need a refresher. Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered permanent and will not wash off, however, because the pigment is implanted more superficially than a traditional tattoo, they will fade over time. Clients may need to rebook for a full microblading every 11 to 15 months. Those who do not follow after care instructions properly may require more frequent touch ups.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE?
- Do not work out 48 hours before procedure.
- Discontinue any use of Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Alpha Hydroxyls, any chemical, anti-aging exfoliant, eyebrow growth serums or any “brightening” skin care at least 2-3 weeks prior
- Botox and filler should be avoided at least 2-3 weeks prior to procedure 4. Avoid sun and tanning beds at least 2 weeks prior. As your skin exfoliates a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Do not take any Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, or Advil 48 hours before your appointment.
- Avoid blood thinning supplements like garlic, turmeric, or fish oils.
- No alcohol 24-48 hours before procedure and no caffeine the morning of your appointment.
- No brow waxing, tinting or threading at least one week prior to your appointment.
- If you usually draw on your brows, come with your brows penciled in, that way we can see how you are used to having them.
HOW LONG IS THE APPOINTMENT?
The appointment takes 1.5-2 hours.
WILL IT HURT?
We use two different types of numbing to help alleviate any discomfort. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure. After the procedure, the area can be a little sore for the first few hours and tender for a few days.
HOW LONG WILL MY BROWS TAKE TO HEAL?
Your brows will take 14 days to heal. For those two weeks, it is encouraged you allow them to naturally exfoliate off and protect them from water, sweat, steam, etc. Once the scabbing phase passes, the brows will appear lighter, and their true color should come out after 4 weeks.
WHY DO I NEED A FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENT?
For microblading, two appointments are needed initially. The touch-ups appointment will be scheduled no earlier than 4 weeks of your initial procedure and no later than 8. If you do not schedule your touch-up within 8 weeks, you will be required to pay a touch-up fee outlined in the touch-up schedule. It is absolutely imperative to complete the touch-up treatment. Without it, the results will not be optimal. At the touch-up, we assess the color retention and make adjustments as necessary. Everyone heals differently. If your cosmetic tattoo does not heal perfectly the first time, do not worry! We can always go bolder, add more density. and correct any irregularities in the microbladed hair strokes during the touch-up.
HOW WILL MY EYEBROWS LOOK RIGHT AFTER THE PROCEDURE? DO I NEED TO HIDE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS?
They will look great! They may be a little darker for a couple of days, no bruising and very minimal swelling.
CAN YOU MICROBLADE OVER AN EXISTING TATTOO?
Yes, however, the old tattoo must be significantly faded for the hair strokes to show through. If you do have an existing tattoo, submit a picture to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
I HAD MY EYEBROWS MICROBLADED SOMEWHERE ELSE, CAN YOU DO A TOUCH-UP?
If you have been microbladed elsewhere and need a touch-up the full microblading price will be charged.
WHAT SHOULD I AVOID AFTER TREATMENT?
- DO NOT use any Retin A or Glycolic Acids.
- DO NOT use peroxide or Neospirin on ANY areas.
- DO NOT scrub or pick the treated areas.
- AVOID working out and/or sweating for the first 14 days.
- DO NOT expose area to sun or tanning beds for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- DO NOT dye or tweeze eyebrows for 10 days after procedure.
- DO NOT use makeup on the eyebrows for at least 14 days.
- AVOID sleeping on your face/ brows for 10-14 days.
- AVOID steam rooms, pools, saunas, hot shower/bath, jacuzzi for at least 10-14 days
MICROBLADING IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANY CLIENTS WHO ARE OR HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Using any skin care products that contain any Retinol, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic acid Or Alpha Hydroxyls (stop 2-3 weeks prior)
- Chemical Peel or PRP Facial (at least 30 days prior) Facial Laser Treatment (at least 30 days prior)
- Pregnant or nursing
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Epilepsy, MRSA, Lupus Chemotherapy (at least a year out and require doctor’s clearance)
- Diabetic (require doctor’s clearance)
- Viral infections or diseases
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Had botox in the last 2 weeks
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Using Accutane (must be off for 1 year)
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure, poor general health
PLEASE NOTE: THE RESULTS ARE NATURAL, FULLER LOOKING BROWS. INITIALLY THE BROWS MAY APPEAR DARKER BUT FADE SIGNIFICANTLY OVER THE FIRST TWO WEEKS. ALTHOUGH WE USE PREMIUM PRODUCTS AND PROVIDE QUALITY SERVICE, ALL CLIENTS HEAL DIFFERENTLY AND MANY FACTORS LEAD TO VARIED RESULTS. IT IS CRUCIAL TO TO HAVE A TOUCH UP DONE AS IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO PREDICT HOW WELL YOUR SKIN WILL RETAIN THE PIGMENT. DUE TO THIS AND OTHER VARYING FACTORS, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR RESULTS.