HighBrow Studio is best known for our hyper realistic microblading approach. Microblading is a permanent makeup procedure that fixes, fills, or reconstructs eyebrows. Using a handheld tool and making precise pigmented strokes in the top layer of skin, we create, beautiful, natural-looking eyebrows that last 1 year.
From dark to light, thick to thin, we work with our clients to design a custom set of brows as unique as the individual wearing them.
The Microblading Appointment:
- Consultation. We discuss questions, concerns, and goals, so clients have a clear idea of what the finished product should look like. We value clients’ opinions and believe the best outcomes are achieved through a guided process that ensures the expectations of the client are met.
- Shaping & Color Selection. Using the information from the consult, our artist constructs a new brow shape based on what is achievable and complimentary to the client’s facial structure. The shape must be finalized and approved by the client before we begin microblading. We also work together to choose the perfect color for the client’s unique desired outcome.
- Microblading. Using the selected color, small strokes are made in the skin which flow naturally with the client’s hair-growth pattern.
Microblading appointment + one complimentary touchup within 4-8 weeks of the initial appointment: $449
Touchup within 6 Months: $149
Touchup within 12 Months: $249
Touchup within 18 Months: $349
After 24 Months without a touchup, we ask that clients book appointments as New Clients.
Healing takes about 14 days for most people. During that time, we advise that clients:
- DO NOT use any Retin A or Glycolic Acids.
- DO NOT use peroxide or Neosporin on brows.
- DO NOT scrub or pick the treated areas.
- AVOID working out and/or sweating for the first 14 days.
- DO NOT expose area to sun or tanning beds for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- DO NOT dye or tweeze eyebrows for 10 days after procedure.
- DO NOT use makeup on the eyebrows for at least 14 days.
- AVOID sleeping on your face/ brows for 10-14 days.
- AVOID steam rooms, pools, saunas, hot shower/bath, jacuzzi for at least 10-14 days
It is also encouraged for clients to allow their brows to naturally exfoliate off during these two weeks. Once the scabbing phase passes, the brows will appear lighter, and their true color should come out after 4 weeks.
Aftercare for this procedure is very important to see the best possible results. That said, everyone is different, and there is no way to predict how an individual’s skin will retain pigment. This is why we offer complimentary touchups within 4-8 weeks of a client’s initial appointment. That way, if any fading occurs we can address it. Or if you decide you want to go bigger or bolder with your brows, you can!
Results typically last between 8 months and 2 years depending on skin type and lifestyle, with the average being about 1 year. We recommend a refresher after 12-16 months to keep the color looking vibrant. Although skin changes with age and brow trends can evolve over time, this is one of the benefits of microblading. The brow shape and color can always be modified to fit any changes in skin or brow trends.
About the Artist
Jill Burke is the owner and microblading artist at HighBrow. She holds a degree in Fine Art from Tulane University where she graduated from in 2017. After school she went on to work as a graphic designer and continued her visual art practice with a focus on cartoons and illustrations. In 2019 she trained in the art of microblading at iBrows Studio in Saco, ME, and founded HighBrow shortly afterward.