Do you pencil in your eyebrows only to have them disappear at the gym or in the pool? Are you tired of thin, overplucked eyebrows that never look symmetrical? What if there were a way to have perfect brows every day without any upkeep? With microblading, you can!
Microblading (sometimes called eyebrow feathering, micropigmentation, or 3D eyebrows) is a permanent makeup procedure that allows you to fix, fill, or fully reconstruct any lost eyebrows. The Microblade is a pen tool with a tip made up of superfine needles. This pen is dipped into a selected color and used to make fine strokes into the top layer of skin, creating natural-looking eyebrows.
What is the Microblading Process?
The experience for a client at HighBrow goes like this:
- You come in, fill out some paperwork, and we discuss briefly your desired look/outcome..
- I begin drawing your new eyebrows directly on your face, with the shape, style, and size based on your desired look.
- Once we settle on a perfect shape, I apply numbing cream. While it sets in, we pick a pigment color that best suits your hair and complexion.
- Finally, I start microblading, making small strokes in the top layer of skin with a handheld tool, strokes that look indistinguishable from natural hair. When it’s finished, voila! You have beautiful new eyebrows!
We charge $299 for Microblading and that includes a complimentary touchup within 4-8 weeks of the initial appointment.
Healing takes about 14 days for most people. During that time, we advise that clients:
- DO NOT use any Retin A or Glycolic Acids.
- DO NOT use peroxide or Neospirin on brows.
- DO NOT scrub or pick the treated areas.
- AVOID working out and/or sweating for the first 14 days.
- DO NOT expose area to sun or tanning beds for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- DO NOT dye or tweeze eyebrows for 10 days after procedure.
- DO NOT use makeup on the eyebrows for at least 14 days.
- AVOID sleeping on your face/ brows for 10-14 days.
- AVOID steam rooms, pools, saunas, hot shower/bath, jacuzzi for at least 10-14 days
It is also encouraged for clients to allow their brows to naturally exfoliate off during these two weeks. Once the scabbing phase passes, the brows will appear lighter, and their true color should come out after 4 weeks.
Aftercare for this procedure is very important to see the best possible results. That said, everyone is different, and there is no way to predict how an individual’s skin will retain pigment. This is why we offer complimentary touchups within 4-8 weeks of a client’s initial appointment. That way, if any fading occurs we can address it. Or if you decide you want to go bigger or bolder with your brows, you can!
Results typically last between 8 months and 2 years depending on skin type and lifestyle, with the average being about 1 year. We recommend a refresher after 12-16 months to keep the color looking vibrant. Although skin changes with age and brow trends can evolve over time, this is one of the benefits of microblading. The brow shape and color can always be modified to fit any changes in skin or brow trends.
About the Artist
Jill E Burke earned her Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art from Tulane University in 2017. There she accumulated thousands of hours in the art studio learning to draw, paint, sculpt, and utilize digital technology & computers to create art. Since then she has worked as a Graphic Designer and a muralist, and in 2019 she attended the Microblading Mentor training course to become certified in the art of microblading. Her background in fine art and her formal microblading training have given her an appreciation for beauty and a strong attention to detail..